Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
Specifically Zagg screen protectors. I usually carry my phone completely naked, but I'm thinking of getting a thin glass screen protector. Anybody carry their phone without a case and just a screen protector. I just ordered an iPhone 7 Plus, so wish me luck!

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Specifically Zagg screen protectors. I usually carry my phone completely naked, but I'm thinking of getting a thin glass screen protector. Anybody carry their phone without a case and just a screen protector. I just ordered an iPhone 7 Plus, so wish me luck!

There are tons here who use just a screen protector and no case. Some don't even use screen protector. For me, case and screen protector is cheap insurance. Don't have luxury of replacing phone on a whim... yes I have apple care but

Docle888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
There are tons here who use just a screen protector and no case. Some don't even use screen protector. For me, case and screen protector is cheap insurance. Don't have luxury of replacing phone on a whim... yes I have apple care but
Thanks for the reply! I'll probably just get a screen protector to prevent scratches. I'm pretty careful with my phone anyway.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains

Tried Zagg, wasn't impressed.
I added a ballistic glass one to my phones, iPad, and added a Vaja back skin for grip.
The screen protector helped and has saved my phone from a bad drop.

Worth it.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Thanks for the reply! I'll probably just get a screen protector to prevent scratches. I'm pretty careful with my phone anyway.

No problem. All it takes is to be dropped once for regret to ensue. Find a minimalistic case at the least

TITNTUFF

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2010
West Louisiana
I changed to Ailun glass screen protectors, distributed by Siania on Amazon.
I used Zagg for years and decided to change.
So far so good.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I've reviewed a number of screen protectors for the 7 Plus, and these are some of my favorites:

Kristin

Reactions: blaine07

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
I have the zagg glass for my 7 plus very happy with it. It's invisible, keeps fingerprints away and feels nice. Been using zagg glass on my phone for years with no issues. Only thing is the screen protector doesn't cover the whole screen.

Reactions: Bruce Joo

jlczl

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
The Zagg glass I had installed at the at&t store had a halo. They tried it 3 times but it was still there. Any good glass protectors with no halo?

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
The Zagg glass I had installed at the at&t store had a halo. They tried it 3 times but it was still there. Any good glass protectors with no halo?
Some Zagg Glass+ screen protectors have a halo, but some don't. Not sure if there are just various batches out there, but if you look at my Zagg Glass+ review above, there is absolutely no halo present. I'd contact Zagg if I were you, if you still have the defective screen protector...

Kristin

jlczl

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
Some Zagg Glass+ screen protectors have a halo, but some don't. Not sure if there are just various batches out there, but if you look at my Zagg Glass+ review above, there is absolutely no halo present. I'd contact Zagg if I were you, if you still have the defective screen protector...

Kristin

They tried three different ones at the store and all of them had a halo so I ended up walking out without one. I guess they just send them back as defective.

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
I've tried some over the years, but its the feel of them I can't get used to. Totally ruins the feel of interacting with the glass.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I've tried some over the years, but its the feel of them I can't get used to. Totally ruins the feel of interacting with the glass.
Were any of them tempered glass? I totally agree with you about plastic screen protectors, but good tempered glass is an entirely difference experience, in my opinion...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.