Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unusual_guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2022
California, USA
I just created an account to share my horror story.

So, I had two horrible experiences ordering iPhone 14 pro from US Apple store site.

I ordered Deep Purple 14 pro from apple.com on 17th Sept with scheduled delivery for next day. Next day I woke up excited for my iPhone. Tracking page says out for delivery, the delivery driver kept changing every few minutes. I got suspicious but waited a little. Immediately, I got a notification that it was delivered. I went outside it was not there, not outside the door, not in the mailroom or anywhere in the bulding. No one even called or messaged me for attempting the delivery. I called support and they raised an investigation, where they would give an update in 24-48 hours. I then clicked ‘Track package’ link on the order status page, it redirected to Uber eats and there it said order canceled. I called Apple again and told them about this. Probably the driver stole it.

2 days later, they placed a replacement order and I was satisfied. Got shipping details in a few days by UPS (22nd Sept) and it was a next day delivery. I checked details, it was 1.2 LBS, I got suspicious again but then waited thinking they removed charger so it would be lighter.

Then it was finally delivered today (23rd Sept). UPS handed to me directly in front of my apartment door. I kept it inside and opened the box after a few minutes to the excitement but here comes the second horror part. Package seal was damaged, opened the package, iPhone seal was damaged too. Box was light weight as well. Opened box and there was no iPhone. Yeah, just the cable and stickers.

I made a video of unboxing, I don’t know if it matters and if they’ll believe me. The UPS label on the package says 2LB but on tracking page it says 1.2 LB. I raised a complaint again but they didn’t ask me for the proof while raising it. I don’t know what to do now. Most probably my money is gone.

• Sad
Reactions: Guacamole

unusual_guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2022
California, USA
Sorry for your troubles. I'm just glad I have an Apple store nearby; makes purchases a lot less stressful.
Sadly no pickup option was available for me so had to select paid next day delivery. Then they automatically placed delivery order through UPS for replacement.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Luckily for you, whoever stole the iPhones will get caught because Apple will put a lost mode on the phone's IMEI / Serial #.

We do that where I work - stolen company phones gets tracked by us, locked, activation locked, and alarm sounds. GPS location sent to police dept and they do the work in recovering the phones.

unusual_guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2022
California, USA
Luckily for you, whoever stole the iPhones will get caught because Apple will put a lost mode on the phone's IMEI / Serial #.

We do that where I work - stolen company phones gets tracked by us, locked, activation locked, and alarm sounds. GPS location sent to police dept and they do the work in recovering the phones.
That’s nice to hear. Hopefully both the thieves get caught.
You should, if possible, have your phone delivered to an Apple Store instead.
Should I go for 3rd order now? Will wait once and if they refund me first.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
You should, if possible, have your phone delivered to an Apple Store instead.
Great idea!

I did a launch day delivery for my 14 and it was an Uber driver who delivered in a sealed pouch.

Best $9 for same day delivery and not have to hassle with driving, parking, waiting in line on a workday!
IMG_9543.JPG

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I paid $9 too but the uber eats driver just stole it. You had a good luck with delivery
Yah, sounds like other cities have an issue.

My Uber driver was adamant about not having my office staff sign for it.

He wanted ME to sign for it.

Talk about delivery to a T.

hoo-man-b-ing

Cancelled
Mar 13, 2022
My AirPods Pro shipping box (also UPS) had been opened, but it looks like they hadn’t opened the AirPods Pro package itself (oddly). Sorry to hear about your experience.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
I just created an account to share my horror story.

So, I had two horrible experiences ordering iPhone 14 pro from US Apple store site.

I ordered Deep Purple 14 pro from apple.com on 17th Sept with scheduled delivery for next day. Next day I woke up excited for my iPhone. Tracking page says out for delivery, the delivery driver kept changing every few minutes. I got suspicious but waited a little. Immediately, I got a notification that it was delivered. I went outside it was not there, not outside the door, not in the mailroom or anywhere in the bulding. No one even called or messaged me for attempting the delivery. I called support and they raised an investigation, where they would give an update in 24-48 hours. I then clicked ‘Track package’ link on the order status page, it redirected to Uber eats and there it said order canceled. I called Apple again and told them about this. Probably the driver stole it.

2 days later, they placed a replacement order and I was satisfied. Got shipping details in a few days by UPS (22nd Sept) and it was a next day delivery. I checked details, it was 1.2 LBS, I got suspicious again but then waited thinking they removed charger so it would be lighter.

Then it was finally delivered today (23rd Sept). UPS handed to me directly in front of my apartment door. I kept it inside and opened the box after a few minutes to the excitement but here comes the second horror part. Package seal was damaged, opened the package, iPhone seal was damaged too. Box was light weight as well. Opened box and there was no iPhone. Yeah, just the cable and stickers.

I made a video of unboxing, I don’t know if it matters and if they’ll believe me. The UPS label on the package says 2LB but on tracking page it says 1.2 LB. I raised a complaint again but they didn’t ask me for the proof while raising it. I don’t know what to do now. Most probably my money is gone.

‘They left your first phone at your front door in an apartment complex? My office manager had to sign for mine. Both your neighbors and the UPS drivers know what is inside the box. Did not the 2nd phone’s box seem a bit lite without the phone in there When handed to you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.