Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Costco is offering ATT online ordering. I started the process but the only plans that come up are Business plans. No residential plans. Anyone buy through them?

Looks like they offer $100 for each phone ordered. And another $50 and waived activation.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Somehow I was able to get to regular plans. After starting order, I went to edit plans and they came up.

gusruck

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2006
When I log into the Costco website it lists the correct pricing but then transfers me to att for upgrading line when I select upgrade it lists full price of phone and no installment option.

Of note att website (without going through Costco) also does this. Spent some time on chat with customer service they do get the upgrade pricing but through them no additional Costco cash nor the $50 credits.

Very frustrating, it seems as if there is a glitch with att itself.

Anyone else having issue?

calbear92

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2014
when it was Wireless Associates or the other company for VZW, I had to do it in person at the kiosk. I would imagine if you want the Costco benefits, you likely need to go in person to have the least issues. (Seems that each Costco was assigned a specific wireless carrier so call before going if you aren’t sure).

gusruck

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2006
when it was Wireless Associates or the other company for VZW, I had to do it in person at the kiosk. I would imagine if you want the Costco benefits, you likely need to go in person to have the least issues. (Seems that each Costco was assigned a specific wireless carrier so call before going if you aren’t sure).
I was able to do it last year through the website without any issues with upgrading my wife’s phone.

Also it seems to be on att side not Costco

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
I went through most of the process this afternoon. Order 4 phones with upgrades, pay tax and get I think around $500 back in gift cards. No acivation. but, since one of the lines is waiting for a cheap Metromytombile iphone 12 to arrive, I did not go all the way to the end. I assume it would ask for EIM or serial number of the trade in phone.

JustynTime777

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2024
Here are the terms for the Costco Deal. I ordered and opted for the installment plan so It looks like I won't get the shop card.
Up to $100/$50 Bill Credit Offer: Subject to Change. Available in select Costco warehouses. Purchase new eligible smartphone on 36-month 0% APR installment plan. Up to $100 in credits with activation of new line ($2.78/mo. for 36 months) or up to $50 in credits with upgrade of an existing line ($5/mo. for 10 months). Other installment options may be available and vary by location. If you choose the optional AT&T Next Up early upgrade feature, you are responsible and will not receive any credits for an additional $6/mo. for the Next Up upgrade feature. $0 down for well-qualified customers only, or down payment may be required and depends on a variety of factors. Tax on full retail price due at sale. 
Required Wireless: Must activate eligible postpaid voice and data service (minimum $50/mo. for new service with autopay and Paperless Billing discount. Pay $60/mo. until discount starts within two (2) bills. Existing customers can add to eligible current plans which may be less). Down payment may be required. If you cancel wireless, credits will stop and will owe device balance. If you cancel service on any other line within 90 days of activating the line under this offer, credits will stop. Activation Fee: Waived. Return: Return within 90 days. Restocking fee up to $55 may apply. Bill Credits: Credits start within 3 bills. Will receive catch-up credits once credits start. For new lines $2.78/mo. bill credit over 36 months. For upgrade lines $5/mo. bill credit over 10 months. Wireless line must be on an installment agreement, active and in good standing for 30 days to qualify. Installment agreement starts when device is shipped.
$100 Costco Shop Card: All Costco Shop Card(s) will be mailed within sixty (60) days of device purchase. All lines must be active and in good standing through Shop Card fulfillment. Costco Shop Cards are not redeemable for cash, except as required by law. Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) does not qualify for the $100 Shop Card. Purchase, financing and other limits and restrictions apply. Participation in this offer may make your wireless account ineligible for select other offers (including select bill credit offers) for a 12-month period. Ask rep for details.

General Wireless Service: Subject to Consumer Service Agreement (att.com/consumerserviceagreement). Credit approval required. Deposit: may apply. Limits: Purchase and line limits apply. Additional monthly fees and taxes: Apply per line and include Administrative/Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee (up to $3.49 and other fees which are not government-required surcharges as well as taxes. Additional one-time Fees may apply. See att.com/mobilityfeesfor more details. Usage, speed, coverage, and other restrictions apply. International and domestic off-network data may be at 2G speeds. AT&T services subject to AT&T network management policies. See att.com/broadbandinfo for details.
Pricing, promotions, terms, and restrictions subject to change and may be modified or terminated at any time without notice.
©2024 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo, all other AT&T marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.