Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strongidea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2019
Hello

This is my first post here. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find anything on the internet about it.

I was uninstalling some apps using CleanMyMac X when I saw this oddly named org.dataforge.Football.plist file under the Leftovers category. The file is located in ~/Library/Preferences and reappears after removing it from time to time.

This is not the first time that I found a file named like this under the same directory. Before this file there was another one named something like org.*labs.Online.plist that appeared randomly as well but I haven’t seen it in a while.
* means some word I can’t remember

I thought that previous file was somehow related to the Nvidia’s GeForce Now service, as when I deleted that file, I had to login to the service again, so I eventually stopped worrying about it. I did the same with this new file but I haven’t had to login again to the GeForce Now service so far (however this “new” file appeared at some point after the GeForce Now app as updated). So now I’m concerned again that it might be some kind of malware.

I ran a few different anti-malware scanners (like MalwareBytes, Kaspersky etc) and they haven’t found anything malware related on my Mac.

I also tend to download apps only from trusted sources.

macOS is up to date (macOS Mojave 10.14.3)

Has anyone ever seen that file before?

Thanks.

strongidea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2019
Found out. I don't believe it's malware related (it also doesn't have anything to do with GeForce Now). I believe it's something related to the Viscosity app, but not sure how/why.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.