Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spotix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
mid-Michigan
Does anyone know if this has a prayer of working as a combination? I am wondering if there is anything a person can buy without a lot of extra work to get a scan of negs. My Microtek i700 demands a lot of extra steps on my older Mac. It doesn't seem to like my OSX 10.4.11 Tiger at all. EP V700 or a friend with a pc......hmmmm ?

uc58fiji

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
V500 on-scanner buttons do not function for iMac

I just bought an Epson V500 scanner to run on my Intel-based iMac. Now I find out that the scan-buttons on the front of the scanner do not work for this type of computer. I called Epson tech help, and that is what I was told.

The scanner does respond to the Scan-button on the on-screen application dialog.

I want to try one more thing: I also have Windows Vista running as a virtual machine on this iMac, when using Parallels Desktop. I'll try installing the Windows application for the scanner and see what happens.

I have not seen anything in the Epson V500 tech requirements stating that the scanner buttons would not operate with an iMac. Grrrr... http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/mad.gif

shootfilm

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2008
mac and v700

I am running 10.5 and just connected my v700 for the first time. No problems. Easy scan button worked without hiccups. :D

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Hey filmshooter, I was thinking of getting one for 4x5" film, have you tried that? Or whatever you're scanning, does it turn out good, or great? Thanks

shootfilm

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2008
Hey filmshooter, I was thinking of getting one for 4x5" film, have you tried that? Or whatever you're scanning, does it turn out good, or great? Thanks

I haven't done the 4x5 yet. But I have done slides, negatives, and prints. I didn't mention earlier that I am on an iMac.

What a precious site to see that first slide show up on the screen. I am staying film!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.