Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How has it taken Apple this long to sort out such a glaring issue?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AdamskiUK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2011
Hi all,

This crap with messages arriving out of sync is well known by now and some people have suggested that it's an issue with a device's date/time functions. Lo and behold, my OSX Menu bar clock displays the correct time, day, and date, but when I click for the year, I'm told it's 2015. I've reset the NVRAM to no avail.

Messages shows that things are coming in in 2018 and my Time/Date Settings panel (auto-tuned to clock & time-zone servers) show 2018, also. Changing the settings to manual does jack all.

This messages bug is really starting to **** me off now. It's one of the biggest reasons I stick to the  ecosystem and if it isn't fixed before my next phone update, I'll really consider shifting to an S9.

Any suggestions?

AdamskiUK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2011
I just spent 2 hours on Apple support chat and I've solved the message order problem (but other problems exist).

Try changing your language/region settings in MacOS preferences to a different English-speaking country & back to your own again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.