Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gginnj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2010
I've imported hundreds of images, and created a lot of events and tagged lots o' faces. While I seem to have found some things iphoto just doesn't do that I thought it would (changing image sizes for one - I've tried the export trick, but that doesn't seem to work).

Are there any other (under $100) apps that will import all of the iphoto's databases? Or am I better off sticking to iphoto for categorizing the images, but use another application to do anything iphoto can't seem to?

I'm a recent migrate from windows, which I've always used an older version of ACDsee and PCpaint for most of my chores (which gives you an idea of the sophistacation of my chores).

Thanks
GG

Pomeroy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
Missouri
I don't know what all you want iPhoto to do but you can set up iPhoto to use an external image editor from iPhotos "Preferences". Even the Preview app that came on your Mac will do things like resizing and you never have to leave iPhoto if you set it up as your external editor from inside iPhoto. I use Pixelmator as the external editor, but I keep the iPhoto editor for the default editor and if I right click or control click I get the option to select Pixelmator. If you use an external editor from inside iPhoto use Save and NOT Save As when you are finished with your edit. Save As will cause you to have to reimport the photo, Save will just update the photo in your iPhoto data base.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.