Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aputschoegl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2017
The volume on the overcast app on my watch is very quiet, especially when played to my Bluetooth headphones from my watch. It is much quieter compared to Apple Music and softer than the beeps on the actually headphones when changing the volume. This is the newest watch with everything on the newest version. Any tips or tricks? Tried emailing overcast with no response.

paul.tergat

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2015
If I remember you need to increase the volume in the Watch music App first (to max) and then you can adjust in Overcast.

aputschoegl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2017
Unfortunately, the volume is all the way up and it's still quiet. It's much quieter than Apple Music and the volume of the beeps on my head phones when adjusting their volume.

Rivanov

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2010
Netherlands
Unfortunately, the volume is all the way up and it's still quiet. It's much quieter than Apple Music and the volume of the beeps on my head phones when adjusting their volume.
I believe I read somewhere the reason of the low volume is the decreased quality (compression) of the podcast before it's transferred to the Apple Watch. Marco Arment admitted the implementation on the Apple Watch was a mistake..

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
Expect to see local playback go away anyway, sadly. It seems there are some changes in watchOS 4 that mean that apps can't continue playing audio in the background (at least that's the current status of it in the betas).

Rivanov

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2010
Netherlands
Marco completely removes the Apple Watch app within the next Overcast update. He remains totally focused on the iOS app.

mk313

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2012
Marco completely removes the Apple Watch app within the next Overcast update. He remains totally focused on the iOS app.
That sucks. I use it quite frequently. I had no problems with the implementation and loved how it worked from the watch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.