Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Hi, just launched this app yesterday and I’m looking for early feedback. The app is FREE for a 3 week trial period, and some of the functions are free even after that.

If you don’t have a goto OCR app yet and do give it a shot, please leave a review or some comments here. I’d love to get some thoughts on it.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1499181666

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Great little app, could you please consider adding support for Latin Extended characters. Romanian has these letters: Ș ș Ț ț Â â Ă ă Î î and they are not recognized
OwlOCR_Romanian.jpg

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Great little app, could you please consider adding support for Latin Extended characters. Romanian has these letters: Ș ș Ț ț Â â Ă ă Î î and they are not recognized
View attachment 896132
Sweet, thanks for the feedback. I'll put this idea in the pipeline for some thinking.

By the way, language recognition is limited to English only at this point, so you'll probably want to switch that off if you're using the app for Romanian. Thanks again for the feedback.

MacPeasant123

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2018
Hi, I just got a new 2020 MBP with Catalina, so I finally got a chance to try your OCR app, since it requires Catalina. I took a photo and OCR'd it.

Here are a few things it mis-recognized:

original -- became OCR result
a -- became &
six -- became S1X
is -- became IS

and it missed two instances of "I" altogether

But the results were pretty good overall.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 10.52.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 10.52.17 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 242
Last edited:

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Cool, glad you like it. Been working on an update and will have some new stuff coming up pretty soon. It’s gonna be exciting to work on the Big Sur related UI refresh as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.