Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shawnyp11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2019
So here's my problem,

I wanted to update my Apple Watch however when I did that something went wrong and I had to reset the watch and start from scratch. So now when I try to pair my watch to my phone again it is giving me the error message of "Pariing Failed Your Apple Watch Couldn't pair with your iPhone). I get as far as holding the watch up to the viewfinder then when it get to the "Update Now" option I press it and get that message. I've tried everything I've seen online so far. restarting the watch, restarting the phone, disconnecting newtrok setting, signing out of iCloud, signing out of iMessage, un-pairing both devices (that's what started this mess in the first place) when it first started the viewfinder didn't even read the screen and when I tried manually they didn't give me a number to enter, but eventually that worked. I'm out of options can anyone help!?

Knight3

Suspended
Oct 19, 2018
Did you try wiping out the Watch again by hard pressing on the screen? Also do you see any Watch showing as paired in the Watch app on the iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.