Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Another four-thirds system camera in the news this week:

http://fourthirds-user.com/2007/08/panasonic_launches_lumix_dmcl10.php

The lens is slower but still heavy duty in the Leica tradition.

I noticed that the 25mm f/1.4 lens is available now for $999 and weighs some 500+ grams, which makes it heavier than the Olympus E-410 body. That's quite a bit more expensive than the Sigma DC EX 30mm f/1.4 at $399.

The new body has an articulated LCD, also the second one this week, and it has many more auto focus points for improved performance.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Another four-thirds system camera in the news this week:

http://fourthirds-user.com/2007/08/panasonic_launches_lumix_dmcl10.php

The lens is slower but still heavy duty in the Leica tradition.

I noticed that the 25mm f/1.4 lens is available now for $999 and weighs some 500+ grams, which makes it heavier than the Olympus E-410 body. That's quite a bit more expensive than the Sigma DC EX 30mm f/1.4 at $399.

The new body has an articulated LCD, also the second one this week, and it has many more auto focus points for improved performance.

Big point and shoot that can take "Leica" lenses. Interesting.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Big point and shoot that can take "Leica" lenses. Interesting.

I think Leica would dispute that since they'll have a version with their name on it, just as they did with the DMC-L1.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
It is not yet clear whether this is a replacement for the L1 (seems unlikely) or something in-between the L1 and the FZ series.

The lens with the L1 is a full stop faster. This should be a great lens, but I expect that there will be a body coming with the faster 14-50.

I noticed that the 25mm f/1.4 lens is available now for $999...

Actually, it is generally to be had for $799.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It is not yet clear whether this is a replacement for the L1 (seems unlikely) or something in-between the L1 and the FZ series.

The lens with the L1 is a full stop faster. This should be a great lens, but I expect that there will be a body coming with the faster 14-50.

Actually, it is generally to be had for $799.

It's not a replacement for the DMC-L1. Olympus and Panasonic aren't doing anything about it until the E-3 has been released. The current situation means that the DMC-L1 kit is basically a lens that happens to include a camera body for a few hundred. The E-330 body, same but different, is hovering just under $450.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.