Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AsifReshi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2016
Hello people! This all happened because I wanted to add music to my phone (Iphone 6) via i-effing-tunes, my phone was recognized by my windows computer but not itunes, then I reset the settings on my phone = No luck. Then tried a mac = No luck again. My usb cable is original & both of my computer (1 mac & 1 windows) have the latest itunes, both of my computers recognized my phone (I can acess my photo library on both) Then when I went to re-jailbreak via the pangu app, i got "illegal resources detected" then I unverified the certificate through settings. And since then I have been trying to install the pangu process (Cydia substrate & Nvwastone.ipa) since the evening I've cried blood and half killed myself. Then I erased all content & settings and started afresh, re-ran the jailbreaking process but still no process. This is the first time i'm posting a request to all of you who could advise/suggest what can be done next. I'm desperately in need of guidance, please please please help me out here. PS Even though I erased everything I can still see the applications I downloaded through cydia for ex Transmission, bytafont3 (I still have my downloaded font instead of the default font) Untitled.jpg

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Kinda hard to follow your, uh, procedure. First you want to add some music to your device using iTunes. Then it goes to jailbreak. o_O

AsifReshi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2016
No my friend. (Ios 9.3.3) I was already jailbroken, just wanted to add new music via itunes, itunes didn't recognise my phone, but my computer did. So I reset the settings on my phone, then when I wanted to jailbreak again ('cause it unjailbreaks after reboot, shutdown) the pangu app said: "illegal resources detected" then I read on the same forum that when this happens ("illegal resources detected") You need to remove the pangu app and install it again via the process (Cydia Substrate & Nvwastone 1.1.ipa) when I'm doing that I've waited for 2 hours for the installation to complete. But, no good news. Then I erased everything (all data & settings.) Now when I proceed to the jailbreak procedure it gets stuck at a certain point after (installing.ipa.) The thing that gets me is, I have erased everything but I still see the cydia applications on my springboard like Transmission, movie box, Ilceaner & ifile. And instead of my default ios font, I have my custom font (Ihatecomicsans.) Please help me

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hello people! This all happened because I wanted to add music to my phone (Iphone 6) via i-effing-tunes, my phone was recognized by my windows computer but not itunes, then I reset the settings on my phone = No luck. Then tried a mac = No luck again. My usb cable is original & both of my computer (1 mac & 1 windows) have the latest itunes, both of my computers recognized my phone (I can acess my photo library on both) Then when I went to re-jailbreak via the pangu app, i got "illegal resources detected" then I unverified the certificate through settings. And since then I have been trying to install the pangu process (Cydia substrate & Nvwastone.ipa) since the evening I've cried blood and half killed myself. Then I erased all content & settings and started afresh, re-ran the jailbreaking process but still no process. This is the first time i'm posting a request to all of you who could advise/suggest what can be done next. I'm desperately in need of guidance, please please please help me out here. PS Even though I erased everything I can still see the applications I downloaded through cydia for ex Transmission, bytafont3 (I still have my downloaded font instead of the default font) View attachment 647522

* This is a process that shouldn't ever be carried out on a JB phone.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I have never been used jailbreak before but it seems that you are in a state of failbreak. I doubt it would be possible to you but if Cydia still works, you can try to download something which essentially removes the jailbreak without upgrading to newer version of iOS.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
To fully remove the JB hook up to iTunes and restore.

This will however move the iPhone to iOS 9.3.5 and unable to re JB.

AsifReshi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2016
To fully remove the JB hook up to iTunes and restore.

This will however move the iPhone to iOS 9.3.5 and unable to re JB.

Hey, thanks man. I'm just saving this option as a last resort. There should be another way outta this big black hole. I wish I would've not erased and used my brain well :( Is there a technical way. 25pp maybe? 25pp also doesn't recognise my phone :( I want to kill myself right now. I waited since february for a jailbreak when I finally got it I blew it up all over myself. What a mess

AsifReshi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2016
There is no other way. Your only option is a restore.
We must have mentioned in the passed month over 20 times never to do an erase all content and settings on a jb device.
And sounds like that's what you did above.
My bad, man. Gotta wait for ios 10 jailbreak then :(

Reactions: Applejuiced

BaRaj23

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Did you get a fix for this?

My iPhone 6 ios 9.33 is doing the exact same now..

Was running Pangu Jailbreak. The Jailbreak stopped working. I deleted the Pangu app and then could not reinstall it using Cydia Impactor. The jailbroken apps, such as Cydia, iFile, iCleaner etc are all still visible on my home screen. The phone does not get detected in iTunes or iFunbox.

I have erased the phone and tried to reinstall Pangu again but Cydia Impactor just gets stuck on signing/installing ipa and does not install Pangu.

I decided to Erase all settings and content from the phone and then just update to iOS10 and then restore my backup onto it as I am now sick of trying to resolve this. Funny thing is, when I completely erase the iPhone and and then set it up again as a new device, all the Cydia Apps are still visible! For some reason it cannot erase them and I cannot perform an over the air update to iOS10 or via iTunes.

Am really stuck here.

EDIT: Nevermind. I totally forgot about putting it into DFU mode to perform a software update. Sorted now.

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I have erased the phone and tried to reinstall Pangu again...

I decided to Erase all settings and content from the phone and then just update to iOS10 and then restore my backup onto it as I am now sick of trying to resolve this. Funny thing is, when I completely erase the iPhone and and then set it up again as a new device, all the Cydia Apps are still visible! For some reason it cannot erase them and I cannot perform an over the air update to iOS10 or via iTunes.

Am really stuck here.

EDIT: Nevermind. I totally forgot about putting it into DFU mode to perform a software update. Sorted now.

Yes, you are stuck on stock ios version.
Jailbreak Rule number 1.
You never do an erase all content and settings on a JB device. Never, ever ever ever.
I'm Sick of posting this all the time....

BaRaj23

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Yes, you are stuck on stock ios version.
Jailbreak Rule number 1.
You never do an erase all content and settings on a JB device. Never, ever ever ever.
I'm Sick of posting this all the time....

I was not actually aware about not performing erase all content on a jailbroken device before.

I haven't Jailbroken an iPhone since iOS 4 I think.

It has now been resolved though as I updated to iOS10.01 from DFU mode and then restored my backup with no issues and none of the jailbroken apps appeared again.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I was not actually aware about not performing erase all content on a jailbroken device before.

I haven't Jailbroken an iPhone since iOS 4 I think.

It has now been resolved though as I updated to iOS10.01 from DFU mode and then restored my backup with no issues and none of the jailbroken apps appeared again.

Now you know and try to remember for next time.
If you did that on jb iOS 4 your phone would turn off and get stuck on the apple logo and it would forever boot looped until you dfu restored it.

Reactions: Carlanga
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.