Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applCore

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2011
All of the information and articles I've seen so far have been bereft technical details as to what is new and what is missing. It's all marketing speak garbage so far.

I have seen that the following are lacking:
  • macOS 10.14, 10.15, and 11 will not run Parallels Desktop 19.
  • Older Windows OS versions (2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1) are no longer supported on Intel Macs.
  • Certain features like “Print to PDF (Mac Desktop)” and “Transfer Windows from PC” have been removed.

But these are not very clear. I also see that Docker can now be used (x64 ?AND? ARM64?), but not a lot of details.

Would love to see some nitty-gritty technical discussions that would have more clarity on what some of us who push it harder as software developers, gamers, and/or other demanding / nuanced users might like to understand.

Reactions: Wheel_D

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Older Windows OS versions (2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1) are no longer supported on Intel Macs.

They sent out a notice that support was dropping for these almost a year ago (IIRC). However, it said that those operating systems would probably still work for awhile, but would eventually break in the future since they aren't doing anything to make them compatible anymore.

Mac Hammer Fan

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Heaven Parallels 19 Sonoma basic.png
Heaven basic Sonoma.png

Heaven on Parallels 19 vs MacOS Sonoma

Mac Hammer Fan

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Are these both on the same machine? ie. Parallels 19 is running on Sonoma on your M1 Mac and so the 119.9 FPS score is for [Heaven running on Windows 10 running in Parallels 19 running on Sonoma]
They are both on the same machine. A Mac Studio M1 Max. Windows 11 Parallels 19 vs Sonoma 14.0

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.