Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
In this article Parallels explain how to customize the Guest macOS:

With the 2021 MBP 16.2, I am using a non standard resolution within the host OS, scaled to 1496x967 (instead the Standard of 1728x117), what would the correct parameters to get full screen usage and sharp image:

Display.Width=
Display.Height=
Display.DPI=

I have experimented a little bit, the complex part is that you have to remove the width of the Menu Bar, in the Display.Height value, also, I am using DPI = 109 that way I get the option for HiDPI. The following values are very close to perfection, but I would like to understand how to make the calculation for my Scaled Resolution, and any other resolution I decide to use later on, to use the full screen (minus the Menu bar) and sharp resolution:

Display.Width=2992
Display.Height=1870
Display.DPI=109

With these values, in HiDPI in the GuestOS, I get a resolution of 1496x935, very close to the HostOS resolution of 1496x967, the difference is the Menu Bar that even on full screen is there due to the notch, 967-935 = 32, this is the result of experimentation, I don't know what is the exact width of the Menu Bar, probably knowing that I will be able to make the exact calculation.

Any assistance will be very much appreciated, thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.