Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felipesalomao

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2015
Hi, on ios 10 was introduced new function that notify where you parked car automatically, then add pin in maps, it help locate it after if necessary.

Problem is that I was not able to make it work any time.

Maps in settings have toggle called show parked car. It already is activated.
I have bluetooth in my car and it connects automatically when I enter in car.
I have ios 10, iphone 6.

How it is supposed to work?

Not need open apple, just drive and when you exit car Ir will notify with location pin (again, not need maps opened?), i tested this way and also tested with Apple maps opened all route and even doing this, it not added pin where I parked my car (outside)..

Someone could help, this is excellent function and I wasn't able to make it work yet.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi, on ios 10 was introduced new function that notify where you parked car automatically, then add pin in maps, it help locate it after if necessary.

Problem is that I was not able to make it work any time.

Maps in settings have toggle called show parked car. It already is activated.
I have bluetooth in my car and it connects automatically when I enter in car.
I have ios 10, iphone 6.

How it is supposed to work?

Not need open apple, just drive and when you exit car Ir will notify with location pin (again, not need maps opened?), i tested this way and also tested with Apple maps opened all route and even doing this, it not added pin where I parked my car (outside)..

Someone could help, this is excellent function and I wasn't able to make it work yet.

Do you have frequent locations enabled in location services? I think it also uses that service?

Reactions: edlex and Ronnoco

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
I am using a icleaver himbox hb01 Bluetooth to aux adapter, as my factory RAV4 stereo didn't have Bluetooth. So far I have not gotten the automatic parked car location saving to work.

https://www.amazon.com/iClever-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Multi-Point-Activation/dp/B00GJFGE0K

I have heard that if the Bluetooth tells the phone it is a headset (vs a car stereo) that will disable the parked car function. Any idea how to tell if this is the case with a particular device? Any Bluetooth to aux adapters that are known to work currently?

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
I went to the Apple store at the mall yesterday. I was surprised to see a notification pop up telling me about my cars location in maps. It was pretty cool.

Reactions: Jychow

jackwills

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
I have aux to bluetooth adapter in my car. My iPhone connects to the bluetooth whenever I start the car but the parked car feature never worked.
My roommate has a BMW its new, has bluetooth and everything and every time when I connect my phone to his car for music it works, parked car notification would pop up on my phone when I exit his car. So I guess us older cars owner wont be able to enjoy this new cool feature.

MaskedCarrot

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Northern VA
I am using a icleaver himbox hb01 Bluetooth to aux adapter, as my factory RAV4 stereo didn't have Bluetooth. So far I have not gotten the automatic parked car location saving to work.

https://www.amazon.com/iClever-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Multi-Point-Activation/dp/B00GJFGE0K

I have heard that if the Bluetooth tells the phone it is a headset (vs a car stereo) that will disable the parked car function. Any idea how to tell if this is the case with a particular device? Any Bluetooth to aux adapters that are known to work currently?

Hey thanks a lot for the link!

I checked it out on Amazon and ordered it right away. My car doesn't have built in bluetooth.

Amazon surprised me. I ordered it last night, they had a Same Day Shipping for like $10, so I did that. Came today. That's fast! I can't wait to hook it up and try it out.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Hey thanks a lot for the link!

I checked it out on Amazon and ordered it right away. My car doesn't have built in bluetooth.

Amazon surprised me. I ordered it last night, they had a Same Day Shipping for like $10, so I did that. Came today. That's fast! I can't wait to hook it up and try it out.

Like others using Bluetooth adapters, the parked car is not working for me. It does work good for music streaming, but sometimes Siri has trouble hearing me (unless I turn the ventilation system off.). Still, worth it for most of my purposes without going thru the hassle and expense of a stereo retrofit.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I have Audi with bluetooth builtin. It works very inconsistently for me - sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Today it told me the car was at a place I was at yesterday. This after driving twice today

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Mine works ok if I look at the map but I don't get a message to tell me it has marked it on the map.

rain111

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2012
UK
Mine worked when I connected my phone to my car Bluetooth, never failed me since I got iOS10.

jackwills

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
so in order to make this work your car has to have BUILD IN bluetooth. aux to bluetooth adapter isn't going to work cause iOS 10 won't recognize the bluetooth adapter as your car.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Poops, i get the widget saying where my car is and i can see it on the map but no message. Oh well not the end of the world I guess.

That's how I would want it, why get notification from a million places? How often do you forget where the car is parked. Let the feature work in the background wo fuss, then when you need it, look at the map.
[doublepost=1475336247][/doublepost]
so in order to make this work your car has to have BUILD IN bluetooth. aux to bluetooth adapter isn't going to work cause iOS 10 won't recognize the bluetooth adapter as your car.

I wonder if it requires CarPlay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.