Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ndash

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
Does anyone have a good program to print passport or ID photos?? 1.5x1.5 or 2x2 inch photos. Photoshop doesn't really do a good job when you need to print multiples. Any ideas or thoughts??

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
If it were me, I'd fire up Lightroom, that is if you have it. I've never tried printing with iPhoto though, have you tried that? Are you looking for a free image viewer?

UnclePaulie

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2004
LA, CA
Use iPhoto

I'm currently not on my mac right now, but if I remember correctly if you have the 2x2" image ready to go in iPhoto, you can just go to the print dialog and there's an option to tile the photos. In the past, I've put a sheet of 8.5x11 photo paper in my printer and tiled multiple 2x2 photos across it.

RodoLana

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
Moons of the 7th planet
If you have photoshop you can use Picture Package to automatically create a sheet of multiple images. Go to File>Automate>Picture Package. In the subsequent dialogue box select your source image and in the document settings, choose your page size and layout. Picture Package is available in photoshop 7 (not sure if 6 had it) through CS3, it was removed in CS4 (why???) but Adobe makes it available for download as an optional plug-in on their site. Good luck.

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Passport photos have to meet certain characteristics other than just being 2x2. The head has to be centered, with a certain distance between top of head to top edge, and chin to bottom edge, and the head size has to be between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inch. If they actually are for passport application, make sure they're cropped appropriately. Also note that they can't be enhanced or retouched.

Attachments

• Adobe ReaderScreenSnapz001.jpg
    Adobe ReaderScreenSnapz001.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 2,627
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.