Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smackawack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
alaska
10.14.4 appears to have implemented an annoying hurdle in safari password autofill. Each time we select to autofill a password or cc I have to put in my user password (or use touchid). This is painfully inconvenient as I'm using this 20x an hour. Do any of you brilliant genius masterminds know how to turn this off? It was so beautiful before.

I understand it's more secure now...but I severely limit any access to my hardware...so there is very little risk to me. I want to go back in time...it. was. perfect.

Any help would be appreciated. You guys are the best!!

iTarbuck

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
I wouldn't even know how to start, however I would recommend switching to the last-pass password manager, which can be selected as the default autofill service for all iOS and OSX devices.

Try it - im loving it!!

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
10.14.4 appears to have implemented an annoying hurdle in safari password autofill. Each time we select to autofill a password or cc I have to put in my user password (or use touchid). This is painfully inconvenient as I'm using this 20x an hour. Do any of you brilliant genius masterminds know how to turn this off? It was so beautiful before.

I understand it's more secure now...but I severely limit any access to my hardware...so there is very little risk to me. I want to go back in time...it. was. perfect.

Any help would be appreciated. You guys are the best!!

Hmmm I don’t have this issue though. I’m using MBA 2017
I wouldn't even know how to start, however I would recommend switching to the last-pass password manager, which can be selected as the default autofill service for all iOS and OSX devices.

Try it - im loving it!!
Last pass is great but you need a premium subscription to gain access on multiple devices

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Yes, you can turn this off. Go to Settings --> Touch ID --> uncheck Safari Autofill.

First thing I did. Couldn't stand it as it was so annoying - like you I use this 20+ times an hour. lol. Apologies to @smackawack since no one told you about this before. :/

It is my opinion that putting this setting here is extremely un-intuitive.

Reactions: schmidt65

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
And check: Keychain Access > Edit > Change Settings for Keychain Login

Make sure "Lock after X minutes" is turned off or has a long timeout value.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.