Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

insman1

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
West Virginia
Recently, Apple told me reset my password. While I was at it, I changed my username (email) as well as a new password. Now my computer constantly asks for my Apple Password, using my old email address. Furthermore, I can't get into find my iPhone to wipe an old phone or buy apps. Anyone have a clue what to do?

ethansmith1409

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2018
Sandown
Have you consulted with their CCE regarding this? If not, consult with them, I am sure that you will definitely get the solution!

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Recently, Apple told me reset my password. While I was at it, I changed my username (email) as well as a new password. Now my computer constantly asks for my Apple Password, using my old email address. Furthermore, I can't get into find my iPhone to wipe an old phone or buy apps. Anyone have a clue what to do?

Never a good idea to change your Apple ID unless absolutely necessary. If Apple advised you to change your password for some reason (security) then you should have done just that and not change your Apple ID at the same time. You need to contact Apple to get all that straightened out otherwise you may wind up being locked out of your computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.