Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leglessmatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2015
Hi,

I’m very keen to use the new passwords app and wondered how it works with autofill for different ports on the same ip.

I have a few docker containers / synology web UI all running one one IP. When I try autofilling passwords from keychain it lists all the passwords for the IP and treats different ports as the same login.

Is this the same behaviour in ios18?

Cheers!
Matt

FearGhost

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2011
Cambridge, UK
Hi,

I have a similar setup to you but have separate credentials for each port on the same ip address. I do use different login names however so maybe that's how I'm able to store each one separately? I have to choose the correct login though regardless of the port I'm connecting to. Running IOS 18 B1.

leglessmatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2015
Ah yes, I ended up naming them so it shows the true text rather than IP - good to know you still need to select from a list.

Cheers for replying,
M

Reactions: FearGhost

k.alexander

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2010
How are you finding the Passwords app?
Very few detailed reviews of it. :(

I'm very interested in switching from 1Password.
Concerned about not having ability to save things like Secure Notes, Credit Cards, Drivers Licenses, Passports, SS#, etc.
Also, I have access to and manage four Vaults for family members, and wonder how practical something like that is in Apple Passwords.
Would appreciate any feedback on your actual usage experience.
Thanks!

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
How are you finding the Passwords app?
Very few detailed reviews of it. :(

I'm very interested in switching from 1Password.
Concerned about not having ability to save things like Secure Notes, Credit Cards, Drivers Licenses, Passports, SS#, etc.
Also, I have access to and manage four Vaults for family members, and wonder how practical something like that is in Apple Passwords.
Would appreciate any feedback on your actual usage experience.
Thanks!
I was wondering the same, but the built-in Password types are limited to Web Site Passwords (title, user name, password, notes), 1-time codes, Passkeys, Wifi (which it must pull automatically from when you enter a Wifi password and can't be updated manually).

So without those other various entry types that 1Password supports, there isn't a great way to replace 1Password/3rd-party password manager.

Reactions: leglessmatt
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.