Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IrishColin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2015
i just got off the phone with apple support and it appears this is not exclusive to my new MacBook Pro, although it is a new and developing issue. When I try to download a file from a website through safari, it only downloads a partial portion of the PDF. This same issue is occurring on both my IPad Pro and IPhone 7, all of which were updated in the last 2 days. The issue does not repeat if using another browser, I used Chrome to work around the issue. Similarly, if you use a third party PDF program like adobe reader and set as default for PDF, the issue is worked around. We spent some time gathering data for the engineers, but as yet it seems they are only digging in to this and a solution is unavailable as yet. Interestingly, my wife's MacBook had not yet received the update and we were able to live test the issue. Her MacBook worked normally with safari on downloading the PDF and displaying correctly, however, we updated the MacBook while the tech was in the phone and once it was complete, the MacBook now had the same issue. It is unusual to have the same issue across two different operating systems, but seems to be tied to Safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.