Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dasman88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Hey gang... Started a walking regimen recently, and also someone who avoids excessive phone/meat (my body/head, of course) exposure.

Are there any decent iOS apps that will count steps using ONLY the accelerometer function, so I can use app while in Airplane mode?

Ideas?

inkahauts

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Why not spend $19 on a up move by jawbone. ;). Don't need the phone at all. And then update once in a while.

Reactions: dasman88

WordsmithMR

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2015
Murica
Get an Apple Watch. It'll sync with your iPhone but doesn't need to be with your iPhone to count your steps. And is also a lot more accurate.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hey gang... Started a walking regimen recently, and also someone who avoids excessive phone/meat (my body/head, of course) exposure.

Are there any decent iOS apps that will count steps using ONLY the accelerometer function, so I can use app while in Airplane mode?

Ideas?
I'm not sure, but I don't believe Pedometer++ by Cross Forward Consulting does. It's a really good app. Worth checking out.

Reactions: dasman88

eventailapp

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2016
As long as you have an iPhone 5S or later your step count should be available in the Health all, regardless of the cellular signal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.