Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john.burn

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
IMG_2650.jpeg
Anyone else got the pencil engraved? No idea what Apple are doing here but it’s very bad! Bought 2 pencils so we don’t get them mixed up so had them engraved. Both are equally off in terms of alignment. Engraving is too high and even the Pencil Pro lettering isn’t aligned to the centre of the flat surface.

For anyone with no engraving, is your pencil pro lettering also not vertically centred? Looks really poor imho.

John.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Yeah, that does look bad. It’s not a huge deal imo but I am sorry it came out like that. Looking at my non-Pro, non-engraved Pencil the branding looks pretty similar but I can’t view it as close as your picture is.

john.burn

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
I’ve had engraved pencils before and they were much more centralised. I wouldn’t mind so much if the two text areas aligned.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
Is that also a blank spot in the middle of the Apple logo or just a bit of dirt/dust that’ll come off?

marmiteturkey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2005
London
View attachment 2378283 Anyone else got the pencil engraved? No idea what Apple are doing here but it’s very bad! Bought 2 pencils so we don’t get them mixed up so had them engraved. Both are equally off in terms of alignment. Engraving is too high and even the Pencil Pro lettering isn’t aligned to the centre of the flat surface.

For anyone with no engraving, is your pencil pro lettering also not vertically centred? Looks really poor imho.

John.
mine's dead centre; that'd irritate me though probs not enough to bother to return it... it'll only be you that notices it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.