Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
I moved a few photos from a the Library to the Hidden Album and noticed:

1. Photos moved from the Library to the Hidden Album lose their people assignment. Is this normal? Is there a way to avoid this from happening?

2. Photos moved from the Hidden Album to the Library do not have their people assignments restored. Is this normal? Is there a way to make the people assignments reappear (other than manually)?

Thanks.

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2020
I would think that this is intended? Otherwise one could easily find these photos, couldn’t you one? I take your comment as »good to know«-info. But if it bothers you send Apple feedback.

EDIT: I just checked - and while it took a while, it took a while but the info was restored - on latest macOS Sonoma beta. Which macOS you’re using?

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
EDIT: I just checked - and while it took a while, it took a while but the info was restored - on latest macOS Sonoma beta. Which macOS you’re using?

Appreciate the information.

Quick follow up, how long is a "while". I have been waiting an hour since I moved a file from the Hidden Album to the Library and teh name is still not restored.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Quick update.

I played around this further and discovered the following:

a) The reason why the names disappeared is because I moved all pictures for Person A to the Hidden Album. As a result there was no "reference person" or "references picture".

b) The workaround is to leave one picture of Person A in the Library that is tagged with the person's name. When you move the other pictures into the Hidden Album the names will now be retained.

I hope this helps / explains things.

Reactions: Slartibart
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.