Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cycling Asia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
I am one of the people who have had issues with location services after jailbreaking 9.3.3. I also found that none of the solutions provided (reset network, or install liblocation) would survive a reboot. I decided to see what liblocation was doing under the hood when installing (or uninstalling) and I found that it looked for the file /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.locationd.plist. This file did not exist for me, instead it was located in /Library/LaunchDaemons/ directory. (For those that don't know, these directories contain startup scripts for system services). It was apparent that the locationd process was not starting automatically, so I decided to take the plunge and copy the com.apple.locationd.plist file from the /Library/LaunchDaemons/ to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ directory. I held my breath after rebooting my phone. The good news is that my phone successfully started up, the better news is that the location services were running. The even better news was that I was able to rerun the PP app and jailbreak again. The best news was that after the phone restarted, my location services were still running.

How to fix this - note that I am familiar with the bash shell so I did this all via ssh. Anyone feel free to provide a user friendly (read iFile or filza) method.

Firstly, uninstall liblocation (unless something you've installed is using it)
ssh into your iPhone as root and execute the following commands
Code:
cd /Library/LaunchDaemons/
cp com.apple.locationd.plist /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/
reboot

After you've issued the following commands, you should be able to go to the location services settings page and toggle it on and off without issue. Rejailbreak and enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.