Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
Arrived at Apple Store at The Falls around 7:20am. Reservation set for 9:00am- “unlocked” 256GB Space Gray T-Mobile 8+. Things I’ve noticed- The weight. There is some heft to it but it’s not hand cramping heavy like some people made it seem.

Space gray IMO looks like a clash of matte black and jet black. The glass gives the glossy jet black appearance and the band looks like it came from the matte black 7. The actual color itself under the glass is of the dark grey hue once you get close enough to it though. Not bad in my opinion.

It will fit in 7 plus cases but BARELY. I use nothing but Power Support Air Jacket cases. This one fit, but I can say with certainty that I shouldn’t take it off and put it back on too often given the almost too tight fit.

Screen seems a little brighter. Colors seem to pop a little bit more too. Could just be me, but it was a noticeable surprise. True tone works as advertised and is a welcome feature. Speakers volume and clarity is noticeable too. Overall happy with the device and will wait patiently for the XL or X+...whatever they’re going to call it in the future.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
How’s the grip in hand feel with the glass back? Is it a lot grippier than the 7?

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
How’s the grip in hand feel with the glass back? Is it a lot grippier than the 7?

I had the jet black 7+; so to me the grip was never an issue. They’re comparable in my opinion. I certainly feel the 8+ won’t slip in my hand, but I still slapped a case on it almost immediately.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Screen seems a little brighter. Colors seem to pop a little bit more too. Could just be me, but it was a noticeable surprise. True tone works as advertised and is a welcome feature. .

Pretty sure apart from True Tone, the screen is identical.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
image.jpg
I haven’t noticed much of a heft to my iPhone 8+, But it is noticeable. The grip is actually kind of pleasant over my previous iPhone 7. The new gold is also very pleasant over the normal gold that you had with the iPhone 7. My Geekbench score for single core is 4244 and multi score is 10268.

Reactions: MisterMillz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.