Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
I shoot lots of building, doorways, etc and of course get the expected perspective sorts of problems. These I have been using the distortions, skew, etc controls in Elements to correct any problems and that works.

I have been thinking of going to Aperture, but I can't find that it has any perspective controls and the descriptions of the plug-ins that might help are too brief for me to really get an idea.

So, Aperture users, how are you dealing with this issue? Thanks for any insight.

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
I shoot lots of building, doorways, etc and of course get the expected perspective sorts of problems. These I have been using the distortions, skew, etc controls in Elements to correct any problems and that works.

I have been thinking of going to Aperture, but I can't find that it has any perspective controls and the descriptions of the plug-ins that might help are too brief for me to really get an idea.
Have a look at the official plug-ins page: there is a dedicated section on lens corrections. There is LensFix FixLens and PTlens, for instance.

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
Have a look at the official plug-ins page: there is a dedicated section on lens corrections. There is LensFix FixLens and PTlens, for instance.

Thanks for answer. I saw the plug-ins, seems like they might be the answer, but their descriptions are vague at best. Hoping someone actually has the experience with them, and maybe how they compare to Element's perspective fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.