Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kristie002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2019
Is there any way to see what activity your phone was performing? ie if you are sleeping and you have been accused of being online!

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
Wrong section. This section is for comments about the MacRumors website. (e.g. something doesn't work, you don't like the user interface, you have a bone to pick with policies, etc.)

To answer your question, show your mom your browser history. ;)

As to apps, though (like Facebook app, as opposed to using Facebook website) probably most apps don't store a history that you can view, so no way to prove it. I guess you could show your timeline and chat history but I think if only reading, no way to prove it.

There is no central, unified place on iPhone to show usage history.

There is a highly technical log that the system and (most) apps write to, but it's not really for the purpose of tracking user activity. That but would require an expert to go through and interpret. Most of is stuff that goes on in background, and the log is VERY chatty, and most people wouldn't be able to make much sense of it.
[doublepost=1563565866][/doublepost]Oh. This is WEIRD. This actually just became a legitimate "Site Comments" post!

I see that you posted to
Forums
iPhone, iPad, and iPod TouchiPhoneiPhone

But... your post shows up in "Site Comments" section!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.