Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

No5tromo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Ever since I upgraded to iOS 10 I have noticed my phone acting up and am getting random app freezes on my iPhone 6s but especially on the phone app. It will sometimes take forever to open or if it's already open in the background it will become unresponsive and when I call someone the call freezes at 0:00 for some time (or indefinitely) and sometimes I won't be able to hear the person calling or the other person won't be able to hear me.

Has anyone else had issues with the phone app on iOS 10?

P.S. I wiped my phone an re-installed everything but this didn't fix the problem

No5tromo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
I've seen some crazy stuff too. The first time I tried to listen to voicemails it disabled all audio.
The audio gets disabled too once every while and I need to hard reset it to get it fixed but I think it's unrelated to the phone app. Ever since I upgraded to iOS 10 I feel like I'm using beta software.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Sometimes during a call the phone app closes or something. So if I want to end the call the phone app is not opened. I have to tap on the green bar at the top to open phone app and end the call.

Reactions: No5tromo

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
iPhone 7 running 10.0.2 - Phone app freezes very frequently. Apple support of course claims to have no idea about this problem. Reset as new doesn't fix problem. Very frustrating.

Reactions: No5tromo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.