Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clint1583

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Not sure if it has anything to do with the recent IOS upgrade or not but I noticed today that the volume of the caller on my iPhone 6 is very low. Even using the side volume up/down button's won't increase it enough. Speaker volume and music volume all seem to be normal but when listening to callers, I can barely hear them even a full volume. Is there any type of master volume control in settings (can't find one) that would enable me to increase this volume? I tried a reset of the setting but nothing changed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

evamoree

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2016
Not sure if it has anything to do with the recent IOS upgrade or not but I noticed today that the volume of the caller on my iPhone 6 is very low. Even using the side volume up/down button's won't increase it enough. Speaker volume and music volume all seem to be normal but when listening to callers, I can barely hear them even a full volume. Is there any type of master volume control in settings (can't find one) that would enable me to increase this volume? I tried a reset of the setting but nothing changed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tried loudspeaker? Also have you tried calling different people or just the same person? Do they complain that you're quiet on their end too?

Clint1583

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
The external speaker volume is fine, it's just the ear piece speaker that's extremely low. People on the other end of the conversation hear me find, it's just on my end. And yes I've tried it with several different callers.

After googling the problem I've seen a million similar posts and fixes but none of them seen to work. This all happened totally out of the blue. In order to be able to listen to a call, I'd need to be in a perfectly quiet room with no back ground noises.

Jim165

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2015
The external speaker volume is fine, it's just the ear piece speaker that's extremely low. People on the other end of the conversation hear me find, it's just on my end. And yes I've tried it with several different callers.

After googling the problem I've seen a million similar posts and fixes but none of them seen to work. This all happened totally out of the blue. In order to be able to listen to a call, I'd need to be in a perfectly quiet room with no back ground noises.

I has this problem for the past year that I had my phone. Broke the screen just last week and took it to the Apple store for repair. I mentioned that the earpiece volume was low and when my repaired phone was returned, the earpiece volume was fixed! I think you'll need a new earpiece speaker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.