Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattinkent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2024
Hello,

Yesterday I tried to transfer to a new 15 Pro Max from a 10 Pro Max. Normally this is a breeze, but this time...

Every single app is logged out - hundreds of them - and that has never happened before. I don't know if I know them all.

Hundreds of gbs of data are missing. All the downloaded music from iTunes and most of my photos, but a lot more else I think.

It also borked my watch, which neither phone can now see, so I guess I'm factory resetting that.

Any ideas? Should I just reset and try again? I've transferred the sim to the new phone and I'm worried I'll lose that if I do?

Please help.

Matt x

mattinkent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2024
Thanks all. I eventually found in "password options" a slider for iCloud Keychain, which means my phone started suggesting passwords as I started logging back in to things. Still a change...I suspect it's a security thing recently added, but it's a colossal pain in the neck.

On the plus side, when I reset the phone, there was the option to keep the eSIM, which is something Apple Support didn't know...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.