Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chth32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2018
Krakow
If I understand it right, the revamped photos app is said to have machine learning that can detect similar photos and move some to the hidden folder? But under the photos tab > Years, when I scroll to the bottom, the progress bar seems stuck somewhere near a quarter. "leave device locked and connected to power", I have done so overnight and still no further progress. Any idea?
photo-progressbar.png

chth32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2018
Krakow
Wait another day. I have roughly 1k images and it took a night for me to finish the indexing.
thanks for the info, I have 1900 or so, but it has been stuck there for weeks. I am on iPhone x 64GB. Guess I have to wait for next beta then.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
thanks for the info, I have 1900 or so, but it has been stuck there for weeks. I am on iPhone x 64GB. Guess I have to wait for next beta then.
Try a hard reset reboot to wipe your RAM. Usually helps with sync issues.

fox1401

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2015
I just found out the reason and solution for this issue. It works on MacOS photos (I'm using Catalina public beta).
The reason behind this was Face recognition. Just manually match the people, stay on the "people" tab, leave it idle, then after the process finishes, the curation will also complete in a moment.

Reactions: chth32

chth32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2018
Krakow
Try a hard reset reboot to wipe your RAM. Usually helps with sync issues.
thanks for the tips, I have tried that, but it's not about syncing. The photos app is still analyzing the photos when I connect iphone to power and scroll down under year tab, not completing the progress bar.
[doublepost=1566961402][/doublepost]
I just found out the reason and solution for this issue. It works on MacOS photos (I'm using Catalina public beta).
The reason behind this was Face recognition. Just manually match the people, stay on the "people" tab, leave it idle, then after the process finishes, the curation will also complete in a moment.
thanks! I find there is only one person recognized in people&places album, maybe that's the problem. But there are tons of faces in all photos, guess it's a huge project to add everyone, but maybe I will try add serveral faces everyday, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.