Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
You can insert images via the IMG tag or
insertimage.gif
button.

4461678446_6b1c972a44_b.jpg

looks like [IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2425/4461678446_6b1c972a44_b.jpg[/IMG]

The backlight is quite strong and positioned very low, the hair on the sides is brighter than on top.
And the woman is also dressed in black, which looks strange against a black background. Do you use fill light(s)?

What kind of effect or mood do you want to create?

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
You can insert images via the IMG tag or

The backlight is quite strong and positioned very low, the hair on the sides is brighter than on top.
And the woman is also dressed in black, which looks strange against a black background. Do you use fill light(s)?

What kind of effect or mood do you want to create?

Yes, I am aware I can post, but Flickr doesn't like it when you do that. That is why I also just send people there.

Not to mention, all the lighting info is on the Flickr page ...

Just a little throw together setup.

strobist info:

Flashpoint 320A II directly behind model barebulb @ 1/2 power. Vivitar 5200 @ 1:1 power on a shoot through brolly above and left of camera. Zebra reflector camera right. All fired via cybersyncs

This image has not been retouch as of yet. Much to chagrin of the model :p

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Yes, I am aware I can post, but Flickr doesn't like it when you do that. That is why I also just send people there.

I don't seem to have a problem with that, as all the images and screenshots I upload to Flickr and embed them here.

Do you want me to remove that image from my post?

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
I'm not the biggest fan of the glowing hair or all of the crap in the background, or the dark shirt and dark background blending together.

Next time I'd try higher with the hair light (and probably turned down some). Do you have any more reflectors? You could try to throw some light on the outside of her arm to separate her from the dark background. Next time get her to straighten her ring too (I miss crap like that all the time when shooting).

Don't get me wrong, your picture's not bad, I am just picky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.