Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gooney Bird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Everett, WA
Greeting fellow MacHeads, this is my first post here. :p

We have an iMac and a white MacBook, running Snow Leopard.

During my 1 to 1 classes, I find that iPhoto can't do the advanced photo editing that I did with Jasc Paintshop Pro.

I am planning to buy photo editing program soon.

What do you like and why?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
There is Gimp (free), Pixelmator, Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Photoshop and many others.

I use PS in my weekly endeavours, but only because I got it at student prices. It has a lot to offer, more than I even use, but it is simple enough to use for my needs.

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Greeting fellow MacHeads, this is my first post here. :p

We have an iMac and a white MacBook, running Snow Leopard.

During my 1 to 1 classes, I find that iPhoto can't do the advanced photo editing that I did with Jasc Paintshop Pro.

I am planning to buy photo editing program soon.

What do you like and why?

I shoot RAW only and use the camera mfgr's proprietary editing software (in this case Nikon Capture NX). I also have Photoshop CS4. That's a lot more software than you need and a lot more money than you want to spend, but do consider Photoshop Elements.

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
What about aperture? But yeh probably Photoshop elements will be enough for your needs

tamasvarga67

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
I have Photoshop CS3 but since I have Lightroom I rarely open it. With LR I can do 95% of the editing.
Now I would go with Lightroom and PS Elements.

stagi

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
What type of photography are you going to do? With most of what I do right now I don't need photoshop for much I could get by with Lightroom or Aperture. But certain types of photography you might need PS a lot more, what are your plans?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.