Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ridge08

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
So I uploaded a picture to Flickr and just noticed that it looks different on their website to either iPhoto or Lightroom on my hard drive. It`s annoying because the intensity of the color (unedited) is much greater on my computer. What`s behind this?

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
So I uploaded a picture to Flickr and just noticed that it looks different on their website to either iPhoto or Lightroom on my hard drive. It`s annoying because the intensity of the color (unedited) is much greater on my computer. What`s behind this?

I saw someone else post pics here before and they were saying something about "color management" being turned on for your web browser. I dont know if this applies to your situation but it might be worth looking into...
Let me mess around and try to find the option, I cant remember exactly what it was. Maybe someone else here will remember..

Edit: What browser you using?

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
I saw someone else post pics here before and they were saying something about "color management" being turned on for your web browser. I dont know if this applies to your situation but it might be worth looking into...
Let me mess around and try to find the option, I cant remember exactly what it was. Maybe someone else here will remember..

Edit: What browser you using?

Yes, this is what it is. You'll need to enable Color Management in Safari or Firefox. Internet Explorer can't, but the latest version has it by default if I recall.

Ridge08

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
I`m using Firefox. Also tried viewing in Safari, which looks better than Firefox, but is still not quite there.

EDIT:
In Firefox, does Color Management mean ticking `Use system colors` and unticking `Allow pages to choose their own colors`?

fenno

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2009
what color space are the photos in that you are uploading? if they are in Adobe RGB or Prophoto RGB, you might try converting them to sRGB (Edit/Convert to Profile). sRGB is a smaller color space, but it is the standard for internet viewing. from what i understand, if an image is in another color space, the color information may be misinterpreted when it is put on the internet. my advice (and what has worked for me) would be just to convert them into sRGB before uploading. i tend not to see any changes when i convert them, but if you do, at least you can tweak it in PS in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.