Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkilian

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
I have a Digital Rebel XT. I take a lot of sports photos, so i use the continuous shooting feature all of the time.

My problem is that the photos do not get recorded on the card in the order that they were taken. the order can vary, and can be pretty mixed up. It's annoying when going through photos, and trying to decide which of a sequence is the best.

The memory cards i have are Kingston elite pro (45x) and Sandisk Ultra II. I know there are faster cards out there, but I think the problem is how the photos are buffered, and not written to the card.

Any thought or ideas on how to correct?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I have a Digital Rebel XT...

My problem is that the photos do not get recorded on the card in the order that they were taken. the order can vary, ...

I'm a little surprised the camera would do that

What software are you using to view the images? You should be able to sort them by time. Most software can do this, Aperture, Adobe Bridge. and I think iPhoto.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
My problem is that the photos do not get recorded on the card in the order that they were taken. the order can vary, and can be pretty mixed up. It's annoying when going through photos, and trying to decide which of a sequence is the best.

Is the "order" the sequential file numbering or the date/time stamps?

Have you tried borrowing a faster card from a friend to see if you can test a different card and take a set of pics to see if the ordering is different?

Maybe check and see if there are any firmware updates for the camera?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.