Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I have a canon MP970. I heard it got excellent reviews for its photo printing, but I can't seem to get good results.

I am using Kodak glossy photo paper, but the contrast is horrible. Hair and showdows on the skin come out very blotchy and granular. Is it the paper I'm using, or should I just keep printing the local photo shop???

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I have a canon MP970. I heard it got excellent reviews for its photo printing, but I can't seem to get good results.

I am using Kodak glossy photo paper, but the contrast is horrible. Hair and showdows on the skin come out very blotchy and granular. Is it the paper I'm using, or should I just keep printing the local photo shop???

You are going to have to describe your entire work flow from camera to paper. What size and kind of files are coming out of the camera. How were the images shot what ISO? The print is the result of many links in a chain

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
sorry, I'm not 100% sure what the specs are of the camera, but I'll post that when I get home. All I know off hand is that it is a 7mp canon powershot. I do recall tinkering with the ISO settings, but I may have just set it to auto ( I have no idea what ISo is, to be honest. I'm not a pro!)

I'll have to pick up some canon paper as well. Boy, it would be great to print my own professional quality ( or close to professional ) photos!

I'll take any tips and tricks I can get. Thanks guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.