Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appledu

macrumors member
Original poster
Hello all,

I'm fairly new to digital photography, well, I've been doing it for a few years now, but I'm at last getting serious about it...

Anyway,
I have this gorgeous panorama that I'd like to print, and have assembled all the photos (6 in all) in Photoshop Elements (Yes, I'm on a PC...I'll be getting an MBP at the end of the year to work seriously on photos, so bear with me :eek: ).
The thing is that there seems to be darkened lines where the photos are joined, that you can see on the final "merge"...
I've googled around and applied the healing brush tool, which has helped, but they are still visible...

Is there a better way to do this with what I've got (Photoshop Elements, Picasa and Gimp)?

Could it be just my Dell screen playing up, and on the print (A4), there are no lines?

Thanks for any advice on how to blend the colours (dark blue sky),

appledu

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
appledu said:
Out of interest, what is it?

I've tried Canon's automatic stitcher and it's not bad, PSE's isn't bad too...there must be a way to do this properly...:p

appledu

Calico.

Your problem sounds like exposure differences between the images. They have another program that is designed for use with panoarma heads that has a program called Enblend attached to it. It evens out all the exposure lines.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
appledu said:
Thanks,

So, I don't really have much choice with what I've got then? :(

I suppose that I could print it out and see how it goes...

appledu

Can you shrink down your final pano and post it here so we can see better what you are talikng about?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.