Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Hey Guys!

I want to photograph a friends car for a project and give the impression its moving quite quickly, maye by blurring the back end of the car and the background.

The driver cannot drive very quickly as there's a 40MPH speed limit.

What settings can be done, or effects in Photoshop, to make it seem like the car is zooming past its surroundings?

Thanks People :D

2ndPath

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2006
The first thing which comes to mind is to use long exposure times when shooting the pictures. This would already blurr the image of the car and thus give the impression of high speed.

2ndPath

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2006
Using the panning might be not so easy to do as you need a constant movement of the camera with the car. If you want to do it in Photoshop, you could take a normal picture of the car without to much motion blur. In Photoshop select everything except the car and add some motion blur. The you could select the wheels of the car and add some radial blur to let them look like they are rotating at a high speed.

That said, I am not a Photoshop or Image manipulation expert. I am sure there are people around here who would know better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.