Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kamera RAWr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Sitting on a rig somewhere
Well here I am considering what to do with part of my vacation this year. I've been considering taking a photography workshop. I'm curious as to what you guys think about them? Valuable or waste of time and money? A quick google search brings up all kinds of "workshops", but its hard to discern which are the quality ones. Which ones have great photographers who want to teach, not some halfway decent photographer looking to make some cash (not that I have anything against paying for good advice from a seasoned veteran)?

Do any you have any experience or knowledge of any particular workshop or school offering such things? I'd love some tips as to how to tell which ones may be worth attending and which to avoid. Any advice is always greatly apprecaited.

:)

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
If the workshop is within your budget, I think it would be worth going to if you're particularly interested in what the workshop is offering. Even if they don't teach that well, it's still a good experience going out and shooting with people you can talk to and get hints etc. as you work. Better than taking shots and coming to the forum to ask people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.