Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
Hi I have got new Mac Studio. My old Mac is iMac Late 2013 and it only runs Catalina. In photos app when I move my cursor hover over thumbnail of videos it will play video. It doesn't happen on Monterey Mac Photos app. Is there setting switch it back on or it how it is now?

Artiste212

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
So no one know answer then?
In Moneterey, and previously in Big Sur, I have not seen videos play when hovering over a thumbnail in Photos. If you press the space bar while hovering, the video immediately enlarges and it's easy to play. Maybe that functionality was removed in the intervening time.

Reactions: Jay-Jacob

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
England
In Moneterey, and previously in Big Sur, I have not seen videos play when hovering over a thumbnail in Photos. If you press the space bar while hovering, the video immediately enlarges and it's easy to play. Maybe that functionality was removed in the intervening time.
Thanks. Looks like they removed that feature on later version Mac OS then. Shame cos I use that lot to quickly preview video when trying to find specific one. I just have to adapt new way to open them and watch instead and back again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.