Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tekzilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Shoreham, NY
I got my 13 Pro Max a few hours ago, I did the usual Sync with the cloud, all my apps, texts, emails etc. all populated normally. But I do have 2 issues...

1. None of my Apple Music has downloaded? It's all just there and streamable but not on my phone itself.
2. It says I have zero Photos and videos. I have over 7,000!

The phone says it has completed syncing, so I feel like something is off.

In recent years I feel like both of these were there and slowly downloading, but that doesn't seem to be the case here? Did I something wrong? Is there an easy way to correct this?

---

Edit - Silly me, the photos are being fixed quickly. I apparently just had to go into one part of the app and hit resume and all my photos slowly showed up.

No music seems to be downloading outside of music I bought outside of Apple Music. Do I have to manually go into every album and re-download?

Last edited:

Prest

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2021
I got my 13 Pro Max a few hours ago, I did the usual Sync with the cloud, all my apps, texts, emails etc. all populated normally. But I do have 2 issues...

1. None of my Apple Music has downloaded? It's all just there and streamable but not on my phone itself.
2. It says I have zero Photos and videos. I have over 7,000!

The phone says it has completed syncing, so I feel like something is off.

In recent years I feel like both of these were there and slowly downloading, but that doesn't seem to be the case here? Did I something wrong? Is there an easy way to correct this?

---

Edit - Silly me, the photos are being fixed quickly. I apparently just had to go into one part of the app and hit resume and all my photos slowly showed up.

No music seems to be downloading outside of music I bought outside of Apple Music. Do I have to manually go into every album and re-download?
Which part of the app did you have to go into? Mine seems like it’s stuck uploading the test shots from today and has not downloaded any of the images I have (also, like you, have ~7000).

Also, congrats on the new 13PM!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.