Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bktpl

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2022
Hello, i do not know if this place is correct for my topic, i decided to write here because photos are made on iphone. If You have any beter idea maybe You can link it also on onther subforums?
I bought Kodak frame for my Mum - it has to be really easy to use - i upload photos on sd/usb, and she can watch it on frame. Thats all. I decided to buy this model - https://www.kodak.gtcie.com/en/digi...1020w-calendar-function.html#/17-colour-brown.
What i am investigating now is WHY 90% of my photos looks very bad on that frame, their edges are torned, after 3-4 hours of testing different resolutions, usb pendrives and sd cards i am able to say that only pictures taken on iphone 13 pro and exported on macbook are not OK on this frame. Despite its resolution is very big (3024x4032) or i convert it to frame screen resolution (1024x600 or similiar 1024x768) this photos looks very bad. Photos done on any other phone (even years before) looks normal and its quality is OK.
Do You have any idea what could be wrong with this photos? I have 2 days to send back this frame to the shop, but i am pretty sure it is not problem of this frame. All photos (the iphone one and other backups i did years ago) looks OK on computers, just on this frame the apple one are not clear, looks like pixelled. I tried to convert it different ways, but it does not change anything.

Please, gimme a tip, how could i try to fix it. I can upload example, but doing photo of frame does not as bad as on real life (it looks better).
OFC i wrote to KODAK support and i am waiting for any info. I can try to write to Apple support, but my devices are out of GW so i do not know if they can answer anything.
How can i export photos different way from iphone to have it saved correctly?

bktpl

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2022
What i just found, i have send 2 photos by email directly from iphone. And they are OK! SO the problem must be probably in saving pictured from "Photos" app on mac. DO You have any idea how could i convert this photos to have any different (i do not know, maybe codec?) - all of them looks exported OK on computer, but not on frame so i think this problem must be in some settings of exporting or codec used to do it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.