Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fnstrom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2017
Hello all,

I might have a strange problem, i write might, because i am not sure if this is meant to be, or if its a bug.
My problem revolves around timestamps on pictures taken on vacation.

My phone is connected to wifi localy, so the time on the phone is local and its also aware of where i am in the world.

What i find problematic, is that when using the phone to take pictures in Dubai, the timestamp gives me correct local time, all fine and good. But after coming home to Europe, the time shifts in the phone, to show my local time, at the time the photo was taken. But, and this is even more strange, when looking at the exact same photo on my mac, it gives me the time from Dubai, ????

nr 1. why does the phone adjust the time for the photo, depending on where i am when looking at an allready taken photo?
nr 2. why does the mac os and the ios show different times, i cant ge my head around it, and wonder if i am doing something wrong, or if this strange feature is meant to be???

Please advise if this is normal or not?

Best regards
Fredrik

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.