Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
My friends camera has an absolute ton of pictures from our travels around Australia.

When the memory card is in the camera, she can view the pictures ON the camera via Playback.

However, once she connects the camera or puts the SD card into a card reader, and goes to open the DCIM folder to import photo's and upload them or whatever - the DCIM folder will not open, and is only showing a size of 210kb's - when there's 2GB of photo's.

Are they being stored in a hidden folder? And if so, how do we get them?

We're not bothered about the memory card, we'll chuck it out after we get the pictures off - we just need them.

They obviously are on there, somewhere.. We can see them on the camera...? :confused:

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I don't know if all Canon's are like this; but our department's Digital Rebel 300D did not use "mass storage" mode - so you couldn't browse it from the operating system's file browser (be it Windows Explorer, Mac's Finder, etc.). You have to pull the files off with software (e.g. iPhoto, Picasa, or Canon's software).

My D70 has two different connection modes, one of which makes it browsable and one of which doesn't. The latter is required for remote camera control using software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.