Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Hi.
I have the Photoshop 6 Upgrade, which has been upgraded from a previous version.

I would like to upgrade this version 6 to CS2. I thought I could do this, but then relised my version 6 didn't include a serial number. (it required a previous version serial number).
I believe newer upgrade versions did.

I hope I can still upgrade, does anyone know?

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
Adobe customer service will help you, just email and ask. I believe the upgrade should be valid, but you have to ask Adobe to get a good answer.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2006
Hi.
I have the Photoshop 6 Upgrade, which has been upgraded from a previous version.

I would like to upgrade this version 6 to CS2. I thought I could do this, but then relised my version 6 didn't include a serial number. (it required a previous version serial number).
I believe newer upgrade versions did.

I hope I can still upgrade, does anyone know?

I think they'd not sell you CS2 since 3 came out, or am I wrong?

If you do a search back you'll find posts about upgrade paths, you may be unlucky with such an old version, but I remember that they went a fair bit back.

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Ok thankyou both :), my plan was to buy a used copy of CS2 or even CS1.

I have contacted Adobe, I'll post back with how it goes.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2006
If you've been with them since version 3 they should give a discount for customer loyalty.

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Well I revieced a reply:

First, Photoshop CS2 is already 2 versions back, so I'm not certain of it's availability. It's no longer available online; nevertheless, you could try to check from a local reseller if they still have it. Next, you do need to show them the media kit and the serial number once you purchase the software as proof that you do have a previous version. This way, you can avail of the upgrade.

I thought you simply bought the product from the store, and entered your previous versions serial number, where the installer checks? I was looking to find a used upgrade copy from somewhere.

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Oh, so there isn't actually an "upgrade" packaged box, it's just the full copy but I need to show them the disks to purchase it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.