Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Lund Sweden {London England}
I would really like to be able to use photoshop to the best of it's ability. Help menu's are all well and good, but i never seem to get on very well with them, so i thought a book might be a good way to go.

At the moment i don't have PS but can use it on my universities computers and thought this would be a good way to see if it worth me spending the money for my home mac.

Has anyone got any recommendations as to good books? There seem to be quite a few out there, but i have no idea which ones are better than others. Also, if i learn all the features for CS2 i am assuming CS3 won't be dissimilar?

mromero

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2005
Los Angeles
I would really like to be able to use photoshop to the best of it's ability. Help menu's are all well and good, but i never seem to get on very well with them, so i thought a book might be a good way to go.

At the moment i don't have PS but can use it on my universities computers and thought this would be a good way to see if it worth me spending the money for my home mac.

Has anyone got any recommendations as to good books? There seem to be quite a few out there, but i have no idea which ones are better than others. Also, if i learn all the features for CS2 i am assuming CS3 won't be dissimilar?

Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor's Guide to the Creative Use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC (Paperback)
by Martin Evening (Author)

Adobe Photoshop Restoration & Retouching (3rd Edition) (Voices That Matter) (Paperback)
by Katrin Eismann (Author), Wayne Palmer (Author)

Professional Photoshop: The Classic Guide to Color Correction (5th Edition) (Paperback)
by Dan Margulis (Author)

Photoshop LAB Color: The Canyon Conundrum and Other Adventures in the Most Powerful Colorspace (Paperback)
by Dan Margulis (Author)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.