Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jng

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Germany
This has been an age old problem for me. I resolved in ps7 (recently upgraded to cs3) by converting color profile to "color LCD" before saving for web. Yes, I know this means that colors are calibrated for my lcd. But my general experience is that it has been better than just doing "Save for web" in which case everything is muted.

Now in CS3, I get muted no matter what.
I've been working in sRGB period. I tried my old trick, which didn't do anything period. I've also tried saving with web with embedded color profile, "standard windows", "standard mac" etc and they all look the same - muted.

Any ideas? My colors look so rich in photoshop, it's a shame to lose them on the web.

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
Ohh god I know the feeling, I hate to send my photos online for fear on windows machines they'd all look bad... turns out I was right I had to do image > adjustments > variations and play with the saturation twice and tinting the photo slightly yellow to get it even close to where I wanted it to all be.

Its really a shame the web colors come out so washed out..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.