Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiggle

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Hong Kong
I am thinking of getting a new macbook 2.4 with 4g of ram. Has anyone got one and running PS CS3 on it? How is running? Thanks.

jhamerphoto

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
It will run just fine. The RAM is the most important, so the 4gb will work beautifully I've been running PS CS3 every day since I got my new MBP (2.53) and there are no problems whatsoever. You won't notice a difference between 2.4 and 2.53ghz speeds in PS, so just stick with that model with the extra RAM and it will work great. Enjoy!

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I am thinking of getting a new macbook 2.4 with 4g of ram. Has anyone got one and running PS CS3 on it? How is running? Thanks.
PS will work very well with that much RAM but the monitor on a MB is very small and glossy. You will want a better and larger monitor and maybe a graphic tablet. But as for speed. It will run well unless you are working with some very large images.

tiggle

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
Hong Kong
Thanks very much for the replies. I already use an intuos 3 tablet and will be hooking up the macbook to an ACD 23 inch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.