Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superted666

Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Okay i have the cs3 beta and im really impressed.
Never got to grips with cs2 since it ran like a dog in rosetta on my macbook but cs3 flies!!!

So i can use demo for 30 days or put in a code, the code i believe is for cs2 owners?

If i buy a code now would i need to pay for cs3 as an upgrade when it goes to general release?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
If i buy a code now would i need to pay for cs3 as an upgrade when it goes to general release?
Yes.

Adobe said:
Q. If I buy Photoshop CS2 today in order to get access to the Photoshop CS3 beta, will I get a free upgrade to Photoshop CS3?
A. No. The rich feature set and productivity enhancements of Photoshop CS2 already provide a strong upgrade value, and the opportunity to preview the upcoming CS3 release is an additional bonus. In addition, customers who are still using Photoshop version 6.0 or earlier will benefit from taking advantage of a more liberal upgrade policy for Photoshop CS2. Adobe will not offer upgrade pricing more than three versions back on Photoshop CS3. Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/index.html for more information on Adobe Photoshop CS2.

superted666

Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
awww i was hoping you wouldnt say that.

Well im not paying twice and i reckon it will be a good 6 months till its out so i guess i had better learn how to run the trial a few times :(

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
awww i was hoping you wouldnt say that.

Well im not paying twice and i reckon it will be a good 6 months till its out so i guess i had better learn how to run the trial a few times :(

Its only like $160 for the upgrade though? Its better than wrongly running the trial more than once or pirating

jlcharles

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
Wenonah, NJ
Okay i have the cs3 beta and im really impressed.
Never got to grips with cs2 since it ran like a dog in rosetta on my macbook but cs3 flies!!!

So i can use demo for 30 days or put in a code, the code i believe is for cs2 owners?

You just said CS2 ran like a dog on your macbook. why don't you have the code for that?

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 90

shiv

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2006
Osaka, Japan
I don't know if this has been said already in another post.

the circumference of your bursh tool is at the moment not working in the mac cs3. So, when you are changing size and using the brush it won't work switiching to viewing actual size of brush head. Eventhough there is the option in the menus it doesn't work.

superted666

Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
yea sorry i was on a trial cs2

basically im just looking at editing software, tried cs2 and thought it was nice but too slow then cs3 beta came out and its way more useable.

Im not buying the already exspensive cs2 only to pay a upgrade fee.
For now i have cs3 beta installed and very occasionally i will put date back to edit a pic. I will buy this as soon as i am able to get my hands on it so dont feel guilty. no lost sale here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.