Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
ireland
hi i have downloaded the free trial of cs4 after the 30 day trial if i delete it and re install it will it still work. im going to buy it but just dont have the monet now.

sl1200mk2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2006
I'm only suggesting this because it's not illegal and (in a limited way) I applaud your efforts not to just pirate the software outright. I would however suggest alternatives because what you're trying to do is still unethical and in the end probably not worth the hassle. A trial is meant to be just that... a trial. Not an on-going use it forever for free thing.

This script *might* work for you, but I have not personally tried it. You will need to completely uninstall CS4, run the script, reboot, then try to install the CS4 trial again. It's going to be a complete pain in the ass and take a lot of time!

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html

I would suggest the following instead:

1. Use GIMP until you can afford CS4 or another software -- it's free:

http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/

2. Buy Photoshop Elements and not CS4 -- it's MUCH cheaper than CS4 and will cover the needs of most users. It's VERY powerful for the price.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelmac/

3. Acorn is another editor that is inexpensive, but pretty good for $50:

http://flyingmeat.com/acorn/

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
2. Buy Photoshop Elements and not CS4 -- it's MUCH cheaper than CS4 and will cover the needs of most users. It's VERY powerful for the price.

A variation on this is to buy A Wacon "Bamboo Fun" graphic tablet. they sell for about $90. Inside will be a copy of Adobe Elements 6.0 The software alone sells for about the same price (make sure to get the box with elements 6.0 inside, some older stock still has 4.0)

Adobe will give you about $90 off if you upgrade to the full CS4 later. Going this route was cheaper then buying CS4 outright and I got the other software and the tablet.

You are going to need the tablet, most people never can draw with a mouse

jons

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2008
hi i have downloaded the free trial of cs4 after the 30 day trial if i delete it and re install it will it still work. im going to buy it but just dont have the monet now.

No, it will not work.

sl1200mk2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2006
A variation on this is to buy A Wacon "Bamboo Fun" graphic tablet. they sell for about $90. Inside will be a copy of Adobe Elements 6.0 The software alone sells for about the same price (make sure to get the box with elements 6.0 inside, some older stock still has 4.0)

Adobe will give you about $90 off if you upgrade to the full CS4 later. Going this route was cheaper then buying CS4 outright and I got the other software and the tablet.

You are going to need the tablet, most people never can draw with a mouse

Take that advise... it's an excellent suggestion.

itsmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
ireland
my sister is a student if she got cs4 and put it on my mbp would this work. she will be using my mbp to.

sl1200mk2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2006
my sister is a student if she got cs4 and put it on my mbp would this work. she will be using my mbp to.

Yes, that will work. To the best of my knowledge you'll only be able to authorize and run it on one machine, but you can do that. She's buying the software, so it doesn't matter if its your computer or you share one. Many families only have one computer with different people sharing it.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC

If she buys the academic or retail version then yes, she can install it on your computer and activate it on 2 computers.

The student version may not work as it is heavily discounted.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Can you get the upgrade price on the student edition later on, say if CS5 or 6 came out? I'm thinking about getting the student edition through my school, but I want to be sure I can get the upgrade price later. $700 for the full version is ridiculous.

dmz

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2007
Canada
Yes, but once your student status is gone, you pay full price. $700 for the full product is ridiculous, for a student, but not for a pro, that's why the differentiation. Photoshop is just a tool like all your others - it will, hopefully, pay for itself!

Happy Shooting!

dmz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.